We provide the following types of therapeutic treatment for adults (ages 18-108):
- Individual therapy
- Couples therapy
- Clinical Supervision (for IMFTs and ASWs registered with BBS)
- Crisis Debriefing
- Training (see list of past trainings in “About” section)
- Consultation (EMDR or business)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Psychotherapy (Certified by EMDRIA)
- Group therapy (on an “as needed” basis)
- Family Therapy (adult family members only)
- Crisis Consultation
- Christian Counseling
We have extensive training and experience with people dealing with the following types of problems:
- Addictions (drug, alcohol, sexual)
- Serious mental health diagnosis (Bipolar disorder, Schizophrenia, Major Depressive disorder, ADHD, Panic Attacks, OCD, PTSD and Personality disorders)
- Family of a person with a serious addition or mental health problem
- Trauma or abuse from childhood or in adulthood
- Foster and adoptive parent issues as well as helping the former foster or adopted child embrace healthy adulthood
- Making lifelong changes towards a healthier self.
- College students and transition-age youth (decisions about future, changing relationships with family, stress, test-taking anxiety etc.)
- Grief and Loss (death & dying, break-up, divorce, empty nest and adjusting to other major life changes)
- Communication/Relationship Improvement (with children, spouses, in-laws and family of origin, professional etc.)
The types of treatment we usually employ are:
- EMDR-a type of psychotherapy aimed at helping the brain and body let go of negative beliefs (watch this video for more information about this therapy)
- Cognitive-Behavioral-therapy focused on changing thoughts and behaviors to have lasting impacts on emotions.
- Relaxation Training-I use relaxation tools and exercises to help improve people’s ability to cope with stress.
- Christian Counseling-therapy with a focus the Bible, prayer and a life-changing relationship with Jesus as a source of healing and recovery.
- Solution Focused-short term therapy to help someone work through a particular stage of life issue.
We have provided/are providing wellness services and consultation to local professionals and businesses, including but not limited to the following:
- Wellness groups for a couple local businesses to help staff deal with on-going stress of the work.
- Crisis Debriefings at a couple local businesses (to help staff when there’s been a trauma that may affect the morale of the team).
- Clinical Supervision for post-graduate therapists working towards licensure or after licensure as needed.
- Trainings for the community on stress and health
- EMDR Consultation for EMDR-trained therapists working towards certification
- Business Consultation for others wanting to get into private practice.